Monday, January 14, 2013

Wooden Christmas signs

Good Monday morning. I have a few pictures of wooden signs that I completed prior to my blog and even though they are without before/during pictures I thought I would share the after. I have so many projects that I have either completed, started or am daydreaming about and I can't wait to share them with you. I am in the process of decorating for Valentine's Day and will be sharing some sweet decorating ideas soon.
                                                            
                                Brandy


This is my Christmas mantle and if I could get away with it I would leave it like this year round. I love the soft ambiance the Christmas lights tucked in the garland give, not to mention the smell of fresh pine. My favorite moments during Christmas are having my family surrounding this mantle and Christmas tree, watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, listening to Christmas songs, drinking hot chocolate and having a toasty fire. Sigh....just the thought of it makes me happy. My Silent Night sign was made from an old piece of wormy chestnut from our attic, painted and distressed. With four kids this was the most appropriate sign for our mantle..not really, it is my favorite Christmas hymn. ; )


I made this sign from another piece of wormy chestnut, painted and distressed it as well. This one as you can see was over my kitchen sink. It felt a little bare before the sign, even with the garland and boxwood wreaths, but the Joy sign made it all come together perfectly. I hated taking the garland, wreaths and sign down from here as well. I think I need a new sign...more daydreaming. I made several wooden signs for Christmas teacher presents and everyone loved them (or so they said).


This one is for one of my sons' sweet preschool teachers.  I am most proud of this sign because I used the miter saw to cut the wood and make the brace all by "my own self" (a favorite saying of our family). Our sweet friend/teacher lives in a beautiful farmhouse that was built around 1914. The P is for her last name and of course Circa (which means around or about) is the year the house is thought to have been built. I can't wait to see where she decides to put it. I love that it looks so old, almost like it has been around since 1914.



1 comment:

  1. Your mantel is amazing!! I love the signs...you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete