Thursday, August 21, 2014

15 Things I Love About Gracie

Today wraps up my Birthday tributes to my children (can't do for one and not the others)...so in honor of Gracie's 15th Birthday here are 15 reasons why I love you...so very much!

I really miss the days gone by of ballet, klip klop shoes, fixing your hair, holding your sweet hand, that raspy little voice that is long gone, American Girl dolls and hearing your feet pad down the hall to my room bu...t I am so thankful for the beautiful, sweet, compassionate young woman that you have bloomed into and I certainly can't wait to see where your passionate heart leads you.

1. You are my one and only girl. I can honestly without a doubt say you are my favorite girl...and I am so thankful God choose me to be your momma.

2. When I look into your blue eyes they mirror my heart, soul and my own eyes. We are so much alike...your dad doesn't think that is always a good thing. I think it's perfect unless we are arguing...the battle to get that last word is very difficult with you.

3. I am so proud of your heart...love for your God, family and friends speaks through your actions. Your heart is the window to your soul, leave it wide open for the world to see...

4. Your love for children. It has always amazed me that from such a young age someone could have such a deep love for babies and children...you were born with a natural instinct to mother and care for others (you are welcome) and I know that whatever you do in your life it will involve children...even if it involves finding that "rich husband and being a stay at home mom". lol...

5. I love your strong willed personality. Some may question this but let me tell you something...this girl can outlast anyone when she is determined to do something or not. This honestly drove me crazy when you were a toddler and one day when I was very frustrated with you your dad said, "dealing with her like that is like dealing with you on a daily basis". I got over it and decided to embrace and love it...after all a woman should always have a strong mind!!

6. I love your summer freckles. I know you haven't always loved them and there are too many to count like we used to but they are beautiful and when they become more prominent in the summer it takes me back and jars my memory of my little girl toddling around with big blue eyes ready to take the world by storm...they are sweet, mischievous, youthful and beautiful.

7. Your enthusiasm over something you are passionate about. I admit it took us some time to accept the fact that you preferred not to play sports (if you change your mind we are behind you 100%) and realize that your passion lied elsewhere. Every summer you put your entire heart into the Summer Enrichment Program and this is what we call "your sport". It astounds me how much you give of yourself to SEP, the children and your classroom. Never stop being passionate about anything that takes up so much room in your heart. We will always be here cheering you on no matter what you are doing...Go Gracie!

8. Your love for God and family. You are quiet about your feelings and faith but it is evident in everything you do...except when you are fighting with your brother's...Always lean on your faith, it will carry you through anything this life throws at you...that and your strong will.

9. Your independence...shew are you independent. From the time you started walking it was your way or no way (see #5). It used to drive me crazy, sometimes it still does, but I realize now that I am so thankful that I could turn you out into this world right now and know that you would be perfectly fine and not have to depend on anyone...I am not turning you loose anytime soon so stop smiling. A woman should always be able to take care of herself and girl you have nailed it at the ripe old age of 15! The question is can you teach your brother before we drop him off at college?

10. I love your beauty...always remember beauty is only skin deep and people can see right through a beautiful face if there isn't beauty in their heart. Sometimes I don't think you know how beautiful you are and that is the best kind of beautiful. Keep wearing that smile that radiates from your heart...beauty starts there.

11. I love that you always make your family feel special on their birthday's or other special days...we love and appreciate all you do for us. Again it was that motherly instinct you were born with...some day far from now you are going to be the most amazing mother...ever.

12. I love that children are drawn to you. Going out in public and seeing children you have taught at SEP smile, wave or give you hugs really melts my heart...but I am amazed when children who don't even know you are attracted to you and smile and wave...your personality and smile is a child magnet and it makes me so very proud you are my daughter.

13. I love that you don't need attention or praise when you do for others...you do things out of love and not for reward or praise. Even when it goes unnoticed I am so proud of you...always.

14. I love your laugh especially your belly laugh...it is so contagious and it warms my heart, there is nothing sweeter to my ears.

15. Lastly...I love you for being you, my one and only girl, for all of the things I mentioned above and for everything I didn't. You aren't perfect (none of us are) but you love and give of yourself perfectly and I am so proud of you...I will always be so proud of you and cheering for you no matter what "sport" you decide to play in this crazy life. You are beautiful, faithful, full of life, full of love and full of passion...that itself will take you far on this roller coaster of life.

I love you much Gracie ...and never forget you will always be my girl and my sunshine on cloudy days.

Momma
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment