Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Spring!

I know...it's been 49 days. It is finally going to feel like spring this week and I couldn't be happier. This has been one of the longest winter seasons and when I say long I mean dreary, no sunshine and really kind of depressing. I am all for being snowed in with some hot chocolate and good movies but when the snow lingers into April I.am.done.

This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 14th anniversary (March 3rd) with a work/relaxing weekend at The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. This is our third time going and we love everything about it. It is very pricey but it was on Allstate because my husband won an award which made it all the better and I couldn't be more proud of him. I don't say it enough but my husband is an amazing father, provider and best friend...I am a lucky girl.

In the winter months, their slow season, you can get an awesome deal for rooms under $100 a night. Anyway my anniversary present was a fifty minute Swedish massage at their spa and it.was.amazing. It was just what I needed to get rid of all of the winter anxiety and stress. One of my most favorite things about The Greenbrier is the staff. I have to admit that I was a bit overwhelmed, nervous and a whole lot out of my element the first time we visited but let me tell you...you are made to feel like royalty. When we rolled up in our Suburban that has 185,000 miles on it, stained carpet, knobs lost off the radio, car seats, every ball known to man kind and cracking leather interior and were beside the gray Porsche that looked like no one had ever sat in it...I was nauseated. I didn't feel worthy of the bellman coming to open my door and I certainly didn't want him to look in my car...but when he opened my door and greeted us with a smile and was so welcoming I felt like I had just stepped out of the Porsche. I cannot say enough about the staff and how genuinely nice and helpful they are. 

This is only the third time we have ever been away from our children so a little mini vacation was nice but of course we were ready to get back home and catch up on playing ball, hugs, kisses and cuddle time... just to be clear Brian and Gracie no longer cuddle but I did get hugs and kisses. ; ) We do owe a special thank you to everyone who helped with our kids which isn't easy when you have four. Thank you to my sister Belinda who kept Grady and Gracie, Ms. Sherrie and my friend Kelly for helping with Grady also and our friends Dennis and Crystal for having Garrett all weekend. Brian was at the beach for a track meet so thank you to the Cullop family and Coaches for getting him there and keeping him safe. It takes a village my friends...


 
The Greenbrier
 
 


#14
 
I promise to get some DIY projects done soon...hopefully some outdoor projects are in my future and I can't wait to get my hands dirty. Until then...be faithful, be happy, be grateful, be kind and love your friends and family.
 
XOXO,
 
Brandy 



No comments:

Post a Comment